Archangel Imaging is a startup developing distributed intelligence and advanced unmanned camera systems. We have worked on World Record projects and have developed unique machine vision payloads including edge AI devices featured at BT Augmented Intelligence 2018 (winner), Dubai’s Robotics for Good award in 2017 (finalist) and at Innovate 2017 exhibition.
Our mission is to help organisations gain and manage easily machine vision capability on edge devices deployed in remote areas, such as in automated search and rescue operations, sea crime monitoring and environmental protection missions. Our products combine cutting-edge machine learning with specialist cameras, advanced communication terminals and different levels of swarm intelligence to meet this challenge.
We are looking for an exceptional, proactive, detail-oriented full-stack engineer to lead and grow our team of developers in delivering apps and services for SaaS customers.
You will manage our full-stack development team and contribute heavily to the architecture, design and development to produce novel applications that manage AI-enabled devices.
This is a chance to join a fast moving startup at a time when you can strongly influence the design decisions, technology selection and talent recruitment.
- Deliver working web/desktop/device apps on a robust back-end and middleware solution
- Translate high level requirements into specific design requirements
- Manage the development team to deliver quality outputs, following agile methodologies.
- Architect the front-end, back-end and middleware solutions for our web apps, iOS and Android apps that interact with remote embedded devices.
- Design and develop key components
- Mentor, coach and develop the team
- Interact with the other development teams to ensure a complete system design.
- Manage risks to the apps roadmap
- Represent the company at technical and business events
- Recruit to grow the applications development team
Essential skills/ experience:
- A minimum of a Masters degree in a computer science related subject
- Commercial full-stack scalable system design and delivery experience
- Multi-platform architecture / design experience
- SaaS / B2B / Multi-customer development and deployment experience
- Strong software design and development experience, including OO design
- Strong rapid / iterative development skills
- Excellent full-stack design and development experience
- Team lead experience
- Proficient with multiple modern technology such as MEAN, MERN, React, Vue, Angular, Node, GO, Express, MongoDB, SQL, NoSQL, MQTT, Kafka, ELK, Docker, Kubernetes, Message Brokers, etc.
- Commerical experience with cloud deployment, network diagnostics and data analytics
- Excellent communication skills (written, and spoken)
- Customer / user engagement experience
- Strong commitment to agile practices
- Strong understanding of security essentials, session management, etc.
- Familiarity with TDD, BDD, CI, CD etc.
- Devops system design and deployment experience
Desirable skills/ experience:
- Scalable IoT solutions experience
- User experience design and mockup skills
- Web app, iOS and Android app GUI design experience
- Familiar with serverless architecture
- Familiar with micro-services architecture
- Familiar with LoRa, Wi-Fi, Iridium, 3G, 4G etc.
- Early stage startup experience preferred
- Embedded software experience beneficial