|Position / Role|
|Senior Customer Success Manager|
|July 8, 2019|
|August 17, 2019|
Artesian is an AI-Powered relationship intelligence service which helps B2B relationship managers identify customers, engage with them and find ways to expand their business. We have tens of thousands of paying subscribers across over 250 customers.
Happy customers whose execs are seeing high usage and ROI are more likely to renew, and this is the Artesian Customer Success Teams primary responsibility – building strong customer relationships and helping drive value from our service.
The Customer Success Team also acts as the glue across Artesian functions to drive a strong focus on Customer Satisfaction from all teams – sales, training, onboarding, marketing, services and development.
Our aim is to retain and grow revenue. To achieve this, customers need to see the ongoing value of the service, and Artesian needs to be front of mind when new opportunities arise. Our CSMs partner with our customers to understand what success looks like for them, and work with key decision makers to help them achieve strong adoption and measure ROI. The CSM engages with key stakeholders including senior executives, champions and Artesian users (face-to-face or over the phone) to understand their business and use that knowledge to help match Artesian to their key business initiatives and activities. They also gather feedback on our service, understand usage and adoption, and provide coaching to managers and users on how to get best value from the service.
Although not a Sales function, we ensure our team are well versed in Commercial matters, so when growth opportunities are discovered, they are fully prepared to deal with those conversations in a professional way which maximizes the chances of success for both parties.
Senior Customer Success Managers are mostly given responsibility for larger customers. It would therefore help if you have practical experience in one of the industries in which Artesian is most popular – in particular Banking or Insurance. Artesian is not a technical product, so this is not a technical function.
Location Artesian’s head office is in Winnersh, near Reading. Most customers head offices are in London. Users are spread across the country. Some are in the US, but this role is unlikely to cover these.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following:
• Management of Silver and Gold Artesian customers
• Take ownership and be responsible for the successful renewal of all contracts
• Facilitate and manage regular account review meetings with champions/sponsors at customers • Drive retention and growth for our customers by understanding their business objectives, helping them succeed and proactively identifying potential areas for further value
• Monitor use of the service within assigned accounts to identify adoption levels, trends, concerns and dormant users.
• Collect and document evidence on how the service is being used by customers to promote good news and demonstrate ROI throughout the customer lifecycle
• Promote our array of training solutions to assist with increasing the adoption of our service
• Deliver coaching (a more personal version of training), face-to-face or by phone to build advocates within our customer base
• Monitor customer satisfaction by observing the Net Promoter Scores and follow up on survey responses with customers to drive increased satisfaction and higher Net Promoter Scores in the future
• On larger accounts, collaborate with Marketing to design programs to engage with our user base and increase adoption of our service
• Ensure senior management (not just the people you talk to) within your customers are kept abreast of the success of the solution
• Identify any negative trends within assigned accounts and create/implement action plans to correct them
• Partner with Sales to review and help deliver potential growth within customers
• Keep cloud-based high-level notes of activities within each account so everyone is on the same page
• Identify risks to customers achieving their stated business goals and work with the team to build a risk mitigation Skills and
• Strong collaboration and influencing skills
• Ability to partner with customers in developing their strategic direction
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships internally and with customers
• Excellent listening, presentation and communication skills at all business levels
• Attention to detail and ability to deal with multiple concurrent initiatives
• Willingness to collaborate with other teams for the greater good
• Driving licence (preferably clean)
• Experience of sales techniques/methodologies eg SPIN, MEDDIC
• Negotiation skills • MS Office proficiency
• Screen sharing/webinar capabilities
• CRM experience – Salesforce preferable Experience of working in commercial roles within Banking or Insurance would be of particular interest for this role.