We build best-in-class SaaS software to protect organisational spend with over 250 clients across the globe, using Microsoft Azure to provide our SaaS application and are a Microsoft Gold Partner.
You will support the management and delivery of the Azure SaaS application working as part of a small support team. The role will deliver a full spectrum of IT and Infrastructure services to our UK and US based businesses for our internal team of 50 staff.
We are highly Agile, using Scrum, TDD, Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery and want to build on this further.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE….
Who will have a hands-on role within the larger Engineering team. You will take responsibility for the integrity, availability and security of our internal and external IT systems, including: hardware, networks, telephony, applications and web-services. You will be familiar with the demands of an SME and have a passion for technology while maintaining a disciplined approach to task prioritisation and completion.
Our IT and Infrastructure includes: Azure, Workstations (Windows 8.1 & 10), Servers, physical and virtual (Server 2012 R2 and above), IP Networking and a variety of business applications including: MS AD Domain, Office 365, Azure AD and IaaS/PaaS.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support day-to-day management of external hosting infrastructure for provision of our SaaS application on the Microsoft Azure platform.
- Building out and maintaining mechanisms to monitor cloud hosted environments.
- Daily support of a full spectrum internal IT support function for our business teams. Support covers hardware, software, networks, applications and web-based services including responding to internal staff support requests and meeting SLA.
- Procure, build, maintain and support PCs, Laptops, and Servers to support the activities of the business and including asset management, moves, additions and changes.
- Escalation of business critical or service impacting issues to Head of IT.
- Work to ISO 27001 information security standards and GDPR.
- Out-of-hours support one week a month during evenings and weekends.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of A level education (or equivalent), ideally a Graduate in a Computing, Scientific or Mathematical discipline.
- Have at least 1 years’ experience in a similar role or a minimum of 5 years’ experience in broad based IT and Infrastructure support role, ideally in a small-medium sized organisation.
- Significant practical experience with Windows Server, Workstations and Hyper-V.
- Hands-on experience with Virtualization Technologies.
- Dedication to the highest security standards, ideally ISO 27001.
- Good written and verbal skills (English).
- Experience using and deploying Cloud Services.
- A passion for automation and scripting with a good working knowledge of PowerShell.
- Understanding of networking including, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS and Firewalls.
- Able to share skills and experience with the team.
- Understanding of Infrastructure as Code.
- Experience of working within Agile and DevOps environments.
- Configuration management.
- Knowledge of financial services, ERP systems or data analytics.
- Microsoft IIS 7 up.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL.
- Microsoft Office 365.
ATTITUDE AND PERSONAL QUALITIES
- Self-motivated, standout colleague, who is action and result oriented.
- Well organised, with good communication and reporting skills.
- Ability to work under stress and to deadlines.
- Service oriented and prioritises based on logical business needs.
- Recording and documenting activities for change management and knowledge sharing.
FISCAL is a small and friendly company with big aspirations. With 50 employees and the founder still actively involved, it is an environment where you will have opportunities to make a big difference rather than just being another cog in the wheel. We work hard but have fun too. We aim to support all our staff to grow professionally through developing new skills, knowledge and experiences. The company has been an award recipient multiple times for being a great place to work and we’re proud to hold a Queen’s Award for Innovation.
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS:
- A flexible working policy.
- 20 days Annual Leave plus 8 Bank Holidays, increasing by 1 day per year up to a maximum of 25 days.
- Holiday buy & sell scheme.
- £500 per annum Wellbeing Allowance.
- Employer pension contribution and life assurance.
- A sociable environment with occasional team/company events.
- Free hot/cold drinks, fruit and snacks.
- An inclusive employee recognition scheme with monthly gift voucher prizes.
- Free on-site parking.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Opportunities to participate in charity events and volunteering in the community.
Standard working hours are 37.5 between 08.30 – 17.30 Mon-Fri, although flexibility will be required to ensure essential business cover is provided. This will include occasional evening and weekend working.