Basingstoke Hackathon – it’s back!
November 24, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - November 26, 2017 @ 6:00 pm
Do you have an idea in the back of your mind that you wish you could just hunker down and focus on? Maybe you want to get a chance to practice your skills on a fun project, surrounded by the diversity of experience in the Basingstoke Tech Scene? Maybe you are an expert looking to share your skills and show off what you can do.
Back in 2016 the council ran a Hackathon that really was the start of The Basingstoke Tech scene, with some key members meeting over the weekend. So it’s a welcome surprise that this year the council has asked us to head up this year’s Hackathon, and we’re taking that chance with both hands. We want this Hackathon to be open and inclusive of all types of project, including:
• Software (A Hackathon staple – code your Proof of Concept today, take over the world tomorrow)
• Hardware (Breadboard the Arduino-powered Meccano robot arm of your dreams)
• Business Plan (Can’t code, won’t code? A solid idea and a sound plan of action could see you pulling together a team to drive your next startup forward)
• Creative (It’s the weekend, not a school day – build the Minecraft Voxel art you see when you close your eyes)
Come along if you have an idea for something fun, something that would benefit the community or a social project, something commercial, or just like making really annoying Slackbots (John, after your presentation at the last Eat/Drink/Talk/Meet, we’re looking at you here).
Even if you don’t have a team already formed before the Hackathon, there will be the opportunity to form a team on Friday night, join an existing team on Saturday or go it alone and make something amazing!
Planning is well underway on the #meetup channel on Slack, but if you just want to come along then RSVP and we’ll see you soon!
- November 24, 2017 @ 6:00 pm
- November 26, 2017 @ 6:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Desk Lodge Basingstoke